Skip to Content
- 5 MIN
- 25 MIN
- 4 ADULTS
Tuna Cheddar and Chive risotto
- 425g can tuna in olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups boiling water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups grated or shredded COON® Tasty
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Drain the oil from the tuna into a heavy based pot and heat.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the rice has turned opaque.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add wine, 2 cups of boiling water, cook uncovered, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Adding hot liquid is important to maintain the cooking temperature and continue the cooking process.
- Continue adding water 1 cup at a time, stirring regularly, until the rice is cooked to ‘al dente’ stage - this will take 15-20 minutes.
- If more liquid is required during this process add extra boiling water.
- Stir in peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1½ cups COON® Tasty, season to taste and add chives.
- Portion into serving bowls and serve sprinkled with remaining COON® Cheese.