Skip to Content
- 15 MIN
- 35 MIN
- 6 ADULTS
Breakfast Cheese Souffles
- 40g butter
- 2 tablespoons (40g) flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon French mustard
- 4 eggs, separated
- 375g COON® Shredded Tasty cheese
- 2½ cups milk
- sea salt and white pepper, to taste
- toast, for serving
- Butter 6 x 1 cup soufflé dishes or cappuccino cups and place on a tray.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk all at once, whisking continuously until thickened.
- Cool slightly, add mustard, and then beat in yolks one at a time.
- Stir in COON® Cheese and season to taste.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Fold one spoonful of egg whites into cheese mixture to loosen then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Quickly spoon into soufflé dishes and bake 180°C for 25–30 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately with toast.