- 10 MIN
- 10 MIN
- 4 ADULTS
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons seeded mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large chicken fillets, skinned
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 slices seeded bread
- olive oil spray
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crisp
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices COON® Colby
- 8 dill pickles or gherkins, for serving
- wooden cocktail picks
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard together.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and panfry chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Cut into slices.
- Spray bread on both sides with olive oil and toast until golden.
- To assemble, spread four slices of bread with mustard mayonnaise and layer with lettuce, chicken, avocado, a slice of COON® Colby, toasted bread, mustard mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, COON® Colby, bacon and dollop with mustard mayonnaise.
- Top with remaining toast.
- Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, securing with a dill pickle on a cocktail pick.
For crisp curly bacon, thread streaky bacon onto wooden skewers, place on an oven tray, spray lightly with olive oil and bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through until crisp. Carefully remove from skewers and use as required.